Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Alterations

I forgot to include alterations in my wedding costs list. Ah well, it has to be done. Darned tall people and their extra material! I called the shop where I bought the dress to ask how far in advance I need to make an appointment for alterations and she said three months. Yikes! That's now. So I set an appointment for later this week. Unfortunately, payment is also due the same date. Drat. The one problem is I don't have shoes that I want to wear with the dress yet, but need to have them decided on by the fitting date so I can get the right height in them. I did buy a pair I really liked that are kind of a champagne color, which I thought would be a good match, but are much darker than the dress. Not that anyone will really see the shoes as the dress is floor length. I'm just not sure they'll be comfortable to wear all day as I only wore them once. I guess I have some time to break them in a bit more. Dave says there's no need to wear heels as everyone already knows I'm short. I told him it's not about fooling anyone, it's about being 3 1/2 inches taller.

No comments: